How your Personal Information is handledIn order to protect your personal information, all the companies in the YKK Group observe the laws that govern the handling of personal information. Personal information is carefully protected and dealt with as set out below.
1. Use of Personal InformationAll YKK Group companies use the personal information they obtain for the purposes stated below. In cases where information is collected for a purpose not shown, the purpose for which it will be used will be made clear at the time of collection. Should the YKK Group decide to use the information for purposes other than those stated in advance, the YKK Group will inform the customer of this new purpose and seek the customer’s permission.
- Customer personal information
- To provide YKK Group company products and services and to provide information about new YKK Group company products and services.
- To provide after-sales service for YKK Group company products, or information about these after-sales services.
- To carry out surveys and analyses of the use of YKK Group company products and services to determine, including but not limited to, the level of customer satisfaction in order to develop new products and improve services.
- To deliver or install YKK Group company products and services.
- To provide information about event campaigns and lectures being organized by YKK Group companies.
- To provide information about various contests being held by YKK Group companies.
- To respond to customer inquiries.
- To fulfill contracts with customers.
- To arrange business discussions and meetings with customers.
- Shareholder Personal Information
- To exercise the rights or fulfill the duties required by corporate law.
- To implement policies that apply to the relationship between the company and the shareholders.
- To manage the shareholders’ information as required by law.
- Associate Personal information. Associates include collaborative R&D partners, and individuals with whom YKK Group employees have exchanged business cards.
- To carry out job-related communication with associates.
- To fulfill contracts with business partners.
- To inform associates about business meetings and discussions.
- To carry out communications needed for product and technological collaborative research and development with associates.
- Personal information from Job applicants
- To provide employment information from YKK Group companies.
- To communicate job selection information.
2. Joint Use of Personal Information among the YKK Group CompaniesAll the YKK Group companies jointly use the following information gathered for the purposes listed in Paragraph 1 above and YKK Corporation assumes responsibility for the management of such information. Items of Personal Information for Joint Use:
Name, identification information (company name, department name, etc.), title, address, telephone number, fax number, email address and information related to any consultations.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third PartiesThe YKK Group companies will not provide any collected personal information with third parties except in the following cases:
- If the person concerned agrees to the provision of information to a third party.
- If a YKK Group company has signed an agreement related to personal information protection with a contractor, such contractor may be entrusted with an assignment or services that falls within the scope of the stated purposes of the information.
- When required by law, including the Personal Information Protection Law.